The City of Morning Sun City Clerk serves as the link between Council and citizens. They are appointed by Council. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Overseeing the opperations of City Hall
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by Council
- Assisting City Council with Ensuring that all projects, operations, and functions within the local government & community operate efficiently
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed
- Responding to citizen concerns and questions
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Creates new utility accounts and sets up billing records in computer and in files, handles
complaints and answers customer questions on utility billing.
- Responsible for calculation of bills, preparation of pre-billing estimates, printing and mailing all utility
bills and running and distributing post-billing reports.
- Processes paperwork and computer work necessary to close customer utility accounts, correct
bills and generate final bills and customer refunds.
- Answers telephone and directs calls.